The End of SpongeBob Squarepants on Broadway?


The day is September 16, 2018 and Broadway enthusiasts are crying their lives out. Why? Because SpongeBob on Broadway just ended. Even if everyone already knew the story, this was one of the biggest hits of this musical generation. Let me lay out the facts: the production only lasted a year and during that year, they capitalized over $18.35 million. It was nominated for 12 Tony Awards, I repeat t-w-e-l-v-e! The show features original song by many famous songwriters including Sara Bareilles, Cyndi Lauper, John Legend and Panic! At the Disco. Finally, the show played a total of 29 previews and 327 regular performances. However, do not let those facts give you even more tears; the cast will be back for a North American Tour beginning next year! So this ends my first and saddest post… Subscribe for more depressing stuff I guess?

Image: Joan Marcus

Comments

  1. Oh no... That is a very sad announcement! I wanted to see SpongeBob on Broadway since I knew that my favourite childhood program was adapted there... I am really sad, I didn't know! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this play last year and was hoping to see it again. It was a hit with 5he students. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will I am so sad! :( I LOVE this musical :(((

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment