Broadway Controversy?!

Image result for new broadway musicals


Hi everyone, today’s article will be a little different from usual. Instead of giving you the news, I’ll be speaking my mind about a controversial topic that is travelling through the Broadway community right now. Many theater fans say that the new musicals that are coming out, are replacing the original shows and not in a good way. Now I get their point but I actually disagree. Let me explain myself in this article before you go mad in the comments. Here is a little summary of the text you’re about to read, the new musicals are good and the original ones had their time. So, continue reading if you want to I’ll just be stating what I think about this "controversy".

Firstly, some of the new musicals that are coming out are actually better than some of the original Broadway shows. I think that the new shows are of higher quality because they learned from some of the mistakes the old shows might have made. Now, I agree some shows are corny and not that original but I actually like that. Also, the music that is sang in the newer musicals is better, in my opinion, than the ones in the older musicals. I think I prefer the newer music because it sounds more like current music and makes it that much better.

Now, don’t get me wrong I love classical songs and musicals too. Cats, Phantom of the Opera and Les Misérables will always be one of the best musicals that ever existed. I just feel like they had their time on the famous street and if they quit, it just gives a place for a new musical to arrive. Yes, the new ones won’t have as much of an impact as the classics but I’m sure they’ll still be good. It’s nice to have some change on Broadway, I like getting to know new stories and new music rather than just hearing the classics over and over again.

I still love the classics, their music and stories will always remain the foundation of our Broadway community. I just think that it’s time for a wave of change in our famous street. The beautiful stories that the new musicals will bring us is going to be quite refreshing. Now, after hearing me out, you can speak your mind in the comments down below.

Have a good day everyone!

Comments